Thursday 11 June 2015

A year ago a revieuw by my sister Stannie

Stannie also wrote something on my request, as I know we all have different experiences and memories about that day.

Posted on Fb June 9th in Dutch, Below an English version.

6 juni 2014.
Ik ben net thuis. De frietjes worden gebakken. Er komt een ambulance met zeeeer hoge snelheid langs. Ik denk : poeh die rijdt hard. Gelukkig niet voor hier in de buurt. Dan moet er echt iets ergs gebeurd zijn.
Een paar minuten later gaat de telefoon. Het is Armand. Meg heeft een zwaar auto ongeluk gehad. (Oh shit....daar was die ambulance voor). Ze hebben het over een traumahelikopter. Hij kan Kim niet bereiken. Mijn ouders ook niet. Ik hang verslagen en in lichte paniek op. Ik moet Kim zien te bereiken. Ik begin te bellen.  Krijg haar niet te pakken. Spreek in.. bel Selina waar ik Eric spreek. De eetlust is inmiddels ver weg.  Ik blijf proberen Kim te bellen. Uiteindelijk belt Kim mij. Ik vraag waar ze is en dat ik haar kom halen (Patrick zou haar gaan halen) en vertel haar waarom. Ze wilt zelf rijden en ik zeg haar dat ze echt voorzichtig moet zijn. Dan bel ik met mijn zus Selina. Janna is alleen thuis (was ook in het zwembad geweest en thuis afgezet voor dat ongeluk was gebeurd) en weet nog van niks. Die haalt zij op en dan haalt ze mij op. We komen tegelijk met Kim bij Het AZM aan. De wereld op zijn kop. Gaat ze het halen of niet??
2 dagen later heb ik communiefeest van Stijn. Moet ik dat wel door laten gaan? We besluiten het door te laten gaan. Wat een loodzware dag. Wetende dat de kans er is dat Meg het niet zal halen. Iedereen vrolijk en feestelijk en ik... ik voel me ellendig. De dag door zien te komen en hopen dat Meg het red. In de kerk speelt de Harmonie. Meg zou ook meespelen. Tranen rollen over mijn wangen. De hele mis gaat langs me heen. Ik zeg een gebedje op voor Meg. Aan het einde van de dag wil ik naar Meg toe. Ik verlaat het feest en ruil het in voor de Picu. Er te zijn geeft me rust.

Nu een jaar later. Meg heeft al veel laten zien. Er is heel veel gebeurd. De achtbaan gaat nog steeds verder. Iedereen gaat er met op zijn eigen manier mee om. Patrick en ik konden dat niet samen. Een nieuwe achtbaan, met veel uitzoek werk. Waar doe je goed aan, hoe kun je het allemaal het beste regelen. Hoe bespaar ik mijn kids en familie een stuk verdriet.  Tijd zal het leren. Een ding weet ik wel; wij komen er wel!
Een achtbaan kan ook plezier geven en je laten zien dat er veel dierbare mensen om je heen zijn. Dat je moet genieten van alles!
Zeuren mag zeker...maar kijk ook verder. Verdriet is er zeker..maar genieten en plezier hebben nog meer.
Ik ben trots op mijn familie die elkaar zo goed als het kan en waar het kan  proberen te helpen.
Maar ik ben ook blij en trots  om alle lieve mensen om mij heen die mij steunen en dierbaar zijn.

One balloon went into another direction as the rest....
Picture made by Debbie


June 6th 2014
I just arrived home, French fries are being made. An ambulance is passing by with a very heigh speed and sirenes and lights on. I was thinking: wow that one is driving very fast, Luckily not for nearby as then something really bad has happened.
A few minutes later my phone rings. It is Armand whom is calling me. Meg was involved in a heavy car accident .(Oh ships... that was where that ambulance was for). They spoke about a trauma helicopter. He couldn't reach Kim. My parents were also unreachable. I ended the call, feeling terrible and slightly panicking. I have to get in contact with Kim. I start calling her, but she is not answering. Leaving a message..... Call my sister Selina, where Eric her husband answers the phone. My appetite is gone.... I keep trying calling Kim. Finally Kim calls me back. I ask her where she is so I can pick her up. (Patrick was going to pick her up) .She wants to drive herself and I let her promis to drive very very careful, Again I call my sister Selina.  Janna is alone at home (was also at the swimmingpool but dropped off by car at home before the accident happened) but she still didn't knew what happened. Selina picks up Janna and then me. We arrive at the same time as Kim at the hospital. The world upside down. Is she going to make it or not?

Two days later I have a Holy Communion celebration of our second son. What to do? Cancell all festivities, foods , etc? We descide to do as planned. What a heavy day it was. Knowing there is a realy chace meg won't make it... Everyone cheerful and happy and me....  I feel miserable. thrying to live that day and hoping Meg wil survive. In the church the harmony group is playing. Meg should have been playing with them too. Tears run down my cheeks. The whole Holy ceremony is passing without me noticing it. I pray for meg, At the end of the afternoon . I want to go to Meg, I leave the party and go to the PICU. Being there made me calm.

Now a year later. Meg has shown a lot, lots of things happened. The rollercoaster stil goes on. Everyone handles it in his or her own way. Patrick and I weren't able to do this together. a new rollercoaster started with many things to unravel. What is best to do? How to organise things? How do I prevent my kids and family from being hurt, or becoming sad?. Time wil tell, One thing I do know for sure: We wil get there!!
A rollercoaster can be fun too showing people whom care about you and that the best thing to do is enjoy everything and go with the flow.
Complaining is allowed... but also look bejond it.  Grief is there... but making fun and having joy is also allowed en needed. .
I am proud of my family whom as good as it goes and when possible, wherever needed tries to help and support. But I am also happy with and proud off all the people surrounding me, whom support and are dear to me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I love to hear from you! please leave a comment in the box below.